HamiltonBuhl Edison Educational Robot Kit - Set of 30 - STEAM - Robotics and Coding | MaxStrata
Edison Educational Robot Kit Now more than ever, STEM education is high priority, as high-paying jobs in STEM fields are growing, with an inadequate pipeline of American students to fill them. Much of the effort to institute this is aimed towards middle and high schools, but research shows that introducing STEM early plays a key role in cognitive development and capabilities in these subjects later in life. Much of math and science instruction in schools is abstract and theoretical, and half the job of a teacher is to engage kids in learning these abstract and complex STEM subjects. This is where Edison Robot presented by HamiltonBuhl comes in. For kids, robots are the stuff of the future and science fiction, they are drawn to them. Unlike memorizing textbooks and regurgitating information, kids are instantly engaged and actually want to learn and experiment with robots. And best of all, they’re not just learning about robotics, they are learning engineering, math, programming and general science concepts such as sensors. Named to reflect an "inventive spirit," Edison Robot is the result of a genuine passion for innovation and a vision to make electronics, engineering, robotics and programming accessible to as many people as possible. These LEGO® compatible educational robots are clean, safe, reusable, expandable and robust, providing students across all grade levels, from ages 5+, with a range of combinations, and possibilities. Along Edison's face are Lego-compatible plates that allow the Edison robots to be scaled up into sophisticated creations, or even combined and doubled up for a more complicated system. Each Edison robot features a host of sensors and can be programmed using a growing number of FREE software applications: EdWare – graphic robot programming software for the Edison Robot, using drag and drop graphical icons (similar to Scratch and other graphical drag-and-drop programming languages) - making programming fun and easy to learn! Available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOs (iPad), Android and Chrome EdPy – the easy to learn, high readability and very popular Python programming language. EdPy teaches a real life programming language and makes text-based programming fun and easy! Each programmable Edison robot interacts with the world via infra-red (IR) transmitters and receivers, line tracking, barcode reading, playing sounds and music, plus sound detection. It’s also equipped with two motors with variable speeds, left and right red LED lights and three control buttons. One Edison can communicate with another over IR, with the units also able to be programmed by and controlled with TV and DVD remotes. Each bot is powered by a set of AAA batteries. Why Edison? These LEGO® compatible robots are designed to provide learners with an opportunity to experiment and grow their knowledge, explore their imagination, cultivate their innovativeness and have fun without expensive tools and excessive investment. Affordable and available in single or value-packs each for a full class set Programmable – Free open source graphical or text based programming software LEGO® compatible – Modular and easily expandable Easy to use – With many pre-programmed functions activated by included barcode cards Remote control – Learns commands from TV/DVD remote controls Suitable for all ages – From K-12 Grades Built to last – rugged and tough, can withstand a car driving over it and still function! Simple download from any device with EdComm cable 10 FREE Educational robotics lesson plans
- 30 Robot Kit Class Pack
- Robot sensors
- Left and right infrared obstacle detection – Navigate through a maze and avoid collisions
- Left and right light sensors – Follow a torch/flash light or find a dark corner
- Clap detector – Sense load sounds such as claps to control driving
- Line tracking sensor – follow lines and stay within borders
- Light, Sound and Action
- Left and right red LED lights – Flash the LED lights to add a cool look
- Buzzer – Gives sound feedback and can play musical notes
- Two motors with encoders – Drive Edison or use LEGO cross axles to power a new invention
- Robot Communications
- Infrared receiver – Remote control from a standard TV/DVD remote control
- Infrared LEDs – Transmit messages and control commands to another Edison robot
- Infrared receiver – Receive messages and control commands from another Edison robot
- Multi-functional Line Tracking Sensor
- Edison’s line tracking sensor has three functions:
- 1. Detect lines – Contrast between black and white surfaces
- 2. Read barcodes that activate pre-programmed functions
- 3. Receive the programming signal from EdWare via the EdComm cable
- Works with Lego® Bricks
- Choking hazard for children 36 months or younger
At MaxStrata, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to ensure the utmost satisfaction for our customers. We work hard to promote our promise by offering Express Shipping anywhere around the world, a full 30-day money back guarantee*, and a one-year limited manufacturer's warranty for products**.
Through MaxStrata, we strive to make innovative products available to everyone, anywhere, at a low cost. To fulfill our promise, we provide Free Express Shipping and Returns* in the contiguous United States and Low-cost Express Air Shipping for our Hawaii, Alaska, and International customers. By instilling the MaxStrata Promise into our shipping practices, we are ensuring that you receive the quickest delivery time at the lowest price possible.
Change your mind about your purchase? No Problem! At MaxStrata, we ensure our customers a 30-day return period for any new and unused product* for a full refund.
By completing your purchase at MaxStrata, you guarantee yourself a one-year limited manufacturer's warranty on your product that will cover manufacturer defects not caused by the customer.
* For customers living in Hawaii, Alaska, and outside of the United States, the customer will be responsible for paying for the shipping costs for returning the item back to MaxStrata within 30 days of delivery.
** OEM Lamps are excluded from the one-year limited manufacturer's warranty. OEM Lamps carry a 90-day warranty from the manufacturer.